Funded University Programmes
Bangor University has the following NHS funded places available in the Schools of Healthcare Sciences and Medical Sciences. As well as the main campus in Bangor some programmes in Healthcare Sciences are available at Wrexham Campus and some programmes offer entry points in both September and April each year.
The Student Awards Services implements the NHS Wales Bursary Schemes, which provides funding for healthcare students on NHS funded courses in Wales. This funding covers fees & a contribution to living costs and is available to all Home/EU applicants so if you are considering a professional career in health care you can find out more about the support you will get during your training here: www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk/home
Funded Courses in the School of Healthcare Sciences
These NHS funded programmes are the entry qualifications for Nurses, Midwives and Radiographers and placements are across the BCUHB region.
The taught elements of these courses are delivered at the Bangor and Wrexham campuses:
- Adult Nursing BN (Hons) (3 years) Available in September and April in both campuses
- Mental Health Nursing BN (Hons) (3 years) Available in Wrexham in April and in Bangor in September
- Midwifery BM (Hons) (3 years) Available in September
- Learning Disability Nursing BN (Hons) (3 years) Available in Bangor in September and in Wrexham in April
The taught elements of these courses are only delivered at the Wrexham campus:
- Children’s Nursing BN (Hons) (3 years) Available in September
- Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons) (3 years) Available in September
The taught elements of this postgraduate course are only delivered at the Bangor campus:
- Adult Nursing PG Dip (2 years Fast-track for recent life sciences graduates). Available in April & September
Funded Courses in the School of Medical Sciences